Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying times and trials...


There's a point in an athlete's training that you never want to encounter...
Over-reaching (also related to, but not quite as bad as: Overtraining).

It is in this condition that what once was a normal, happy go-lucky girl on bike turns into without notice a lackadaisical, whiny baby, that could be clinically diagnosed as bi-polar, but won't be because a day or two off the routine or maybe some chocolate would fix the problem.

While I don't feel as if I reached the point of over-reaching, my body did say "no" to the whining and complaining this week by acting out and slapping me with a bladder infection. Looking for comfort in a blog entry is what I've resorted to, understanding that no amount of support from friends, hugs from lovers, or antibiotics from the team doctor are going to turn my mood around. I've made the conscious choice to say "yes" to some tender loving care...

What does that look like?
Let me illustrate...

I don't who coined this phrase, but "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

Introducing the newest of quad powered machines to my arsenal. The Time Trial bike.
This extremely fast, well fashioned apparatus will assist me in my goal of top 10 finishes in the mid-Spring stage races. Not only does it look bad ass, but I look TOTALLY bad ass riding it.

Who's got time to be a big whiny baby when there's new bikes to tinker with in the evenings??

Definitely not this happy go lucky girl...


No comments:

Post a Comment